Friday, September 22, 2017

Poetry Friday: Autumn Salute

Head over to Amy's blog, 
The Poem Farm, for this week's
round-up of poetic goodness.  
Thanks, Amy, for hosting this week!

Fall is my favorite season of the year!  And today I'm sharing a book of fall poems, Autumnblings by Douglas Florian.   I love Douglas Florian's seasonal poetry books.  

When I was teaching, we used the first day of fall as our official day to kiss summer goodbye, although my students often reminded me that summer truly ended when school started.  Lest we find ourselves moping all day, we followed up with an opportunity to embrace festive fall!  This poem helped us remember that there is much to love about fall.  

Here's another poem of fall delight!

And now it's time to grab my grandson Jack and head outside to savor the first crisp morning of fall.   

6 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful poems. I love poems about the seasons. There is always something wonderful coming in thinking about the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful poems! I do love fall and can't wait to enjoy crisp days and colorful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is one of my all-time favorites. I can't believe I forgot to share any of these poems today! Thank you for reminding me! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this that you have included Jack at the end of your salute to fall, Ramona. While you feel the crispness of fall, we fall in love with the summer-like weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So buoyant and playful! Love these! They were the perfect poems to read as day dawns and an autumn weekend stretches before me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is something so playful and childlike in Douglas's seasons collections. I am ready to go jump in some leaf piles and make me some candy corn fangs right now. But now in Western New York is 90 degrees...so I may wait a day or two. Hug! Peace. x

    ReplyDelete