Sunday, March 4, 2018

SOL4/31: Dear Airline Passengers . . .

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Melanie, and Lanny
 for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.

Dear airline passengers
on last night's 7 pm flight 
from the east coast to the west coast,
When the precious 20 month old
arrived on your five hour flight,
I hope you didn't recoil
and remember past flights
with crying babies.
His parents meant well.
If you board a flight at 7 pm,
and the child generally
goes to sleep at 7:30, 
he should sleep for
most of the flight 
or at least some of it, right?
His mama posted this 
from the Seattle airport at 10:23 pm:
"Barely survived a brutal
late night flight to Seattle.
BUUUTTTT we're one step 
closer to our *kid free*
Hawaiian vacation!"
Sometimes his mama 
calls him a stinker.
But his grandma
calls him sweetheart!

5 comments:

  1. How excited you must be! I don't mind a crying baby on a flight. I remind myself how difficult it is for the parents AND the child. Patience and understanding. Enjoy your time with the precious little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do sigh when I see a baby on a flight, but then I feel very bad for the parents. Thankfully, I have noise cancelling headphones (if I remember to take them). Love those last four lines! I guess I know what your next week of slices might be about. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun, Grandma! It is so hard to take babies on flights. I try to be patient also. There's not much anyone can do to make it better

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this piece and the shift in thinking to end it - sticker to sweetheart. That's beautiful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I would have expected him to sleep for at least a good chunk of that flight. Oh well, most of those passengers have had babies too! And it sounds like you are all set for a week of big fun!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete