Tuesday, March 6, 2018

SOL 6/31: Love on Hold!

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Melanie, and Lanny
 for hosting this meeting place each day in March
and for nurturing our writing lives.

Some of my favorite emails come with this subject line:  Hold available notification! It's always good news when a book I've waited for is available. In the wee hours of this morning, one of those emails arrived. It's always with a sense of anticipation that I click on the email because I never know which book I've been longing for has finally arrived. Today it's two! The Word Collector by Peter H. Reynolds and Tell Me More : Stories About the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say by Kelly Corrigan (I actually read grown-up books occasionally, but they are never the ones that I've been longing for. And yes, I know I ended that sentence with a preposition.) 

I love our library system and the technology that makes requesting a book so easy. I love that my library is close enough to make stops by there several times a week. And yes, last week I picked up Love by Matt de la Pena from my holds shelf!

6 comments:

  1. I love that feeling too! Often I've been waiting so long I've forgotten I requested the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great library system can't be beat! I love how quick it is to put a hold on a book from the comforts of home. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel guilty. I have been away from the library system ever since Kindle came into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still love the feeling of browsing shelves and wondering if THIS will be the best book I've ever read. The library is often my refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post speaks to me because I have always loved libraries. I used to love going to the dentist as child because the office was next to the dentist.These days,I rely on Amazon and Kindle WAY too much; but recently, I have reconnected with my local library. What a gift

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denver Public Library is the absolute best! It's so easy to jump on line and order a book, and unless it's really popular, it's there within days. A friend gave me LOVE for my birthday and I love it!

    ReplyDelete