Sunday, November 26, 2017

Celebrate This Week: Gratitude

Join us each weekend for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.

When we pause to celebrate, we find the joy.
Discover. Play. Build. 

   A week filled with moments to celebrate and remember.

On the way to the play . . .
A lovely man asked to share our table at The Armory.
We chatted a bit with his friend 
and the two young ladies with them.
Of course, I couldn't resist asking
the fourth grader if she liked to read. 
Her eyes danced with pleasure as she replied, "Yes,"
and shared a recent favorite, "Holes."
I encouraged her to read "Wishtree,"
my recent favorite, and I think she will!

A random link from a magazine read . . .
led to reflecting on ritual thank-yous
that can still feel heartfelt and be sincere.
Examples of fellow riders have led me to
thank the bus driver each time I exit
and I want to thank the post lady who brings our daily mail
and the kind person who brings the newspaper to our front porch.
 I still joyfully recall the students who would
exit my classroom with a "thank you" each day,
such evidence of parents who taught gratitude.

Strolling over the river and through the woods
and wandering down memory lane and through the years . . .
Thanksgivings of years past come to mind.
Grateful for the large family gatherings 
at Granny's house just down the street,
and for the years when Little Tommy
couldn't wait for Grandma to show him 
the giant turkey in the oven,
and for a mother who always had
room at the table for one more
and pie enough for everyone who dropped by.

Gratitude fills this Grandma's heart
for family who pitch in and love being together,
for moments shared via technology
that bring us together to share our love
via FaceTime or the telephone,
and for grandboys who fill my days with laughter and joy!
 Love seeing Jack hang out with Grandpa
and interact with his books!

 Grateful that Teddy is already learning how
to make rolls from his grandma in Utah!

2 comments:

  1. Gratitude grows happiness. Loved reading your celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post, Ramona. I love hearing what you're thinking and doing.

    ReplyDelete