Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Slice of Life: Savor Autumn!

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Melanie, and Lanny
 for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday and nurturing our writing lives.

When fall bursts into bloom, I find myself snapping pictures and begging the wind and rain to stay away so we can enjoy the splendor for a few more days.  And when I'm nudged to take a picture, I know that I must respond because things can change quickly this time of year.  

Yellow's fleeting bloom,
framed against blue sky, reminds
us - treasure today. 

10 comments:

  1. I live in Texas, and we just don't get a lot of fall foliage. It was nice to see it in both your photograph and your haiku. Thank you for sharing some of your fall with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall weather but living in Texas the weather is always unpredictable so I never know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words capture the photo perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another Texan here! I've been told by my northern friends that our fall is not a true fall. Seeing your beautiful picture helps me imagine what a fall might be like as I continue to 'enjoy' our 90 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree! So yellow! I love fall. It's a great time to enjoy the outdoors, and to write about it! (Jennifer Sniadecki)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo, and the yellow so foregrounded. And paired with lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do you have a beautiful tree in full, golden color but an inspirational poem to accompany it. This combination should grace my next gallery, Autumn Ablaze, Ramona. Can you please package that up with your signature and location? I am going to send out the invitation for PF and looking for PF writers' poems to accompany it. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed yesterday, but wanted to read your post, Ramona. It's true, a must do is to grab the pictures while we can. I love the poem, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your haiku is beautiful. I understand the wish for the rain and wind to stay away. It rains way too much in Estonia. At least it feels like that. The sunny warm days in fall are precious.

    ReplyDelete