Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Slice of Life

Today I join my fellow bloggers in "serving up a slice" 
to the Tuesday Slice of Life (SOL) community.
Thanks to Stacey, Betsy, Beth, Kathleen, Deb, Melanie, and Lanny
 for hosting this meeting place each Tuesday and nurturing our writing lives.


Currently I'm:

Appreciating 
the grandeur that was yesterday's eclipse!
What a fun experience to share with my friend Karen
and her son Brian.  This magnificent natural event
was magnified by Brian's useful commentary,
Karen's delicious snacks,
and glasses given to me by my friend, Laurie. 

Anticipating
time with Jack (my almost seven month old grandson)
and Blake (my almost 33 year old son)!  Jack went camping last week and Sara's schedule switched for this week, so tomorrow will be our first day together in six days.  Blake is flying in for a quick visit this weekend.  When you have a son that plays the mileage game, you sometimes get these quick visits.  Always happy to see my firstborn, even when it's a quick flyby for two days.

Blessed
to have spent two hours of my day with fellow book lovers at our summer meeting of Books, Brownies, and Beyond.  Participants ranged from 5th grade to 9th grade (with two attendees who recently moved to our area from Singapore).  It's hard to believe
that my two friends who started book club with me
three years ago are now headed to high school. 

Considering
what to read next.  I just finished Amy Snow for our September book club meeting which doesn't meet for three more weeks.   Usually, I'm scrambling to finish the book the day of the meeting.
Here are some of my next read possibilities:  
You May Already Be A Winner by Ann Dee Ellis,
The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick, and 
Foreign Correspondence by Geraldine Brooks.  

Sometimes you need a quick blog post and these
ABC's of my current state of mind filled the bill.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Ramona - so many wonderful things in your life summed up in three small letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have "Blessed" in your ABC's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea: ABC ideas. Have a fabulous time with Blake and Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABC Blog post seems like a great way to start the school year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete